Friday, March 18, 2011

"Dumping Noodles"

OK, I'm already working my first day in the office. I've had more to do so far today than the whole 2 weeks in Houston. (not literally, but it feels like it)
My role for the Christening Party is pretty large and I'm excited about that. I'm in charge of the VVIP.s ;)

My flights were "eh" the last leg to Singapore had 3 crying babies all in my section. I would have punched them had I not been so exhausted...I'm kidding I wouldn't punch a baby but I'll shake it.
Window Seat :)


So far there are some different habits I've encountered, at the local lunch spot down the street you place tissue packets on the table to "reserve it." It is normal that people respect the tissues and move on the the next available table. This tactic, however, didn't work for us today and someone walked away with 2 new tissue packet for their table reservations and we were forced to come back to the office to eat.
No problem because it's HOT/HUMID here. Just like a nasty Houston day.
Oh I ate "Dumping Noodles" (obviously misspelled, but tasted delish)

My colleagues are EXTREMELY nice and helpful. We are in the process of unlocking my iPhone so that I can use that instead of the ancient Nokia HR gave me.

I need to learn to upload photos so y'all can better understand my surroundings, they are BEAUTIFUL.




 
Clarke Quay (Shopping, Dining, and River tours!) 

Temple

Temple Door

Subway

Sunset on the River!



Marina Bay Sands (this is where the party i'm planning is being held!)
 
China Town

This is my home for the next 7 weeks!


1 comment:

  1. I hope you are having an amazing time!! I spent the summer, about 3 months, in Singapore right before freshman year of high school and had an great time! We went to some other places near by, but were mostly in Singapore. Enjoy your time! When you come home, dinner is definitely in order! Muah!
    -Terri

    ReplyDelete