Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I spent 87K on souvenirs

Highlight this past weekend: Bali Indonesia

Highly disappointed, Justin Timberlake didn't show and I could only buy so many bracelets from 4 year olds (which was zero).
We stayed in the heart of Bali tourism, Kuta. Very busy and chaotic, which is, as you know, the exact opposite of me.
I imagined the whole place to be a tropical oasis, however I got the REAL Bali which is still neat.
The hotel was nice but we couldn't stay there since we only had a day and half to explore the island. 
It was nice to bargain with the locals and get deals on already cheap stuff.
Saturday was spa day it lasted 4 hours and cost 450,000 Rupiah :)
which is only $64 USD!!!
Hotel

such a relaxing experience

ta tas

Hardcore

New friends!



After the spa we rented motorbikes because that is the thing to do in Bali.
The guy who was renting to us more concerned about mom knowing how to drive than me, and truthfully I've never driven a moped, I had a dream once, but that doesn't give you the skill set to drive. 
I strap on my helmet and was OFF, 2 minutes into the ride I was turning a corner into traffic and got a little excited-over accelerated- and crashed into about 6 parked motorbikes. 
Within 3 seconds about 50 locals were over the walls hollering like 7th graders. We picked up the fallen bikes and I was about to dine and dash when I realized some guard took my key and wouldn't give it back.
pictures don't show all the bruising, I either look hardcore or like i'm in an abusive relationship with a small person with long nails.
We sat there and bitched about a tiny scratched on a STICKER and the kid told me I owed him 100,000 Rupiah, I refused to pay that much and got away with only 50K ($10).

With dirty cuts and I'm sure HIV all over my legs, we headed to Seminyak Beach. Set up shop at Ku De Ta lounge and got our tan on. 

On the way back home, some jerk off side swiped me and once again i dropped my bike in the middle of an intersection and the mirror broke off. COOL
-the insurance is $200 USD but the guy let me off with only $60 because I'm adorable :)

Went back to Seminyak to drink away the anxiety, then hopped on the plane at 6AM on Easter Sunday. Learned a lot about Bali, will probably only go back if a travel agent plans my whole stay in a secluded area. All in all, a good first experience.

Once we got back and rested for a bit, my Chairman picked up me and my mom in his Bentley and checked us in to the Marina Bay Sands.
-which seemed like a first for him since he never drives himself, I felt VERY honored
This room is way nicer than the last one and we have a city view
best tub ever
i think this is the size of my apt...
I'm in the middle tower
Light show comes on every night!

Last Week of Work:
Being at MBS hotel makes me feel like a high roller, things are starting to get easier at work and things at home are working out in my favor (so grateful for my friends and their flexible schedules)
I'm so ready to be home, moving from hotel to hotel sounds cool for a rock star, but I miss my apt. 
I think I'll buy a new couch tomorrow...


My boss treated my mom and I to dinner at his restaurant Lucas.
The food was delicious!!!


Best thing i've every put in my mouth (bring on the jokes)

Klapson's Hotel



*Tootles Loves*

see you in 6 days!










No comments:

Post a Comment