Saturday, April 16, 2011

MYTH: Peeing on a Jelly Fish burn helps with the pain

can finally take some time to update on my travels.

As you all know I came to Singapore to train in Marketing as well as help with the huge-o party celebrating the completion of the FPSO LEWEK EMAS.
I've been working long hours to make sure everything went off without a hitch.
The day event was HOT but everything still went great. We had about 400 turn out.

When i got back to the office I had nothing else to take care of, so I checked into the "changing room" at MBS to start getting ready. Since I needed a nap and had time to kill i decided to make my way up to the sky pool. 
Level 57 has a bar and, pools, and hot tubs over looking the entire city. It was absolutely stunning!


The dinner was held at the hotel's convention center across the street.
Thank God i found a dress to wear the night before at 9:30PM or else id be wearing my Sperry's and some boy shorts...
I was glad to get dressed up and have my make up stay on and not melt off within 5 mins of being outside.
Great dinner, lots of alky, oh and my team (Dom, Wayne, Guy's name i keep forgetting, and myself) won a beer drinking contest. NBD, i made my company proud, thank you TX State for the skill set.
Secretaries and Marketing Ladies

CJ Cheryl and Dom

The last ones standing

Lionel and his Secretaries then Dom

These girls are AWESOME!
Sarah, Jasmine, Barbara, and Cheryl
During registration i made eye contact with this cutie heading to a black tie event and made it my goal to see him again. Toward the end the party was leaving and as soon as i stepped out of our ballroom i saw him! I tried to catch up to chat but they were moving too fast. I did, however, acquire a balloon from some Canadians in Dream Boys group. 
Later on, i went down stairs to take a friend to her ride and saw a GLORIOUS giant balloon. 
I acquired that one as well :)
After there was puke on the floor, we knew it was time to leave the ballroom. Some colleagues and I went back to my room and I journey by myself to the Sky bar on the 57th floor. As soon as I got off the elevator a drunk lady thrust a balloon in my face and said "here you need this." As I approached the door to the bar they told me there was a cover charge, but I held up my balloon and said I was with that party and followed my drunk lady friend into the bar :)

Made some friends at the bar, then realized it was already 3 and I needed to get some rest before my mom came knocking on the door at 7AM.

Mom came in, I was still a little tipsy so I went straight back to sleep while she went and explored the hotel. 

We checked out, grabbed some lunch in China Town, then headed to the Klapsons to meet Lionel so he could show mom some of their AMAZING rooms!
(I'll try to get pictures)

we were both lagging a bit, for different reasons of course, and headed back to my regular hotel to rest. I went ahead with Adrian (my bosses younger brother) to wakeboard in Ponggol.

Everyone got about 3-5 sets in and it was my turn. I suck at wake boarding and will never claim to be good, but as I was going up for my 3rd set i hit a jelly fish with my hand. 
It only stung my pointer finger (actually the same one Dani's snake bit) but i started freaking out. Everyone in the boat was yelling DON'T MOVE! I was SOO scared. but they pulled me up and iced my finger. 
What are the odds, seriously?! That sh*t hurts!
I'm lucky that it only got my finger, because when you move the current pulls it closer in and this sucker was LONG!
I can't image this pain all over my body.
OUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment